O'Shea NoLift Safe Patient Handling Course
This course provides the participant the opportunity to access five (5) learning modules. These modules identify how to assess a person (risk assessment) and include all the tasks associated with repositioning a person on the bed and transferring a person on and off the bed. Each module has a Quiz which is optional. The Final Assessment is compulsory and consists of 20 multiple choice questions based on the modules.
The course is:
- Accredited for 2 CPD points
- Complies with national health and safety standards
- Based on case studies and includes use of all equipment such as sling hoist, stand hoist, slide sheets, leg lifters, bed mechanics, air assisted lateral transfer devices and hover jack.
- Certificate provided on successful completion
All clinicians who work in health care, disability services, aged care or home care who are responsible to move, reposition or transfer patients, residents or clients as part of their job.
It is expected the student will be able to:
- Understand the importance of assessing a person prior to moving or transferring him/her
- Apply objective risk criteria to identify the least risky way of doing the task, the type of equipment and number of staff required.
- Identify the equipment available that may reduce risk when transferring or moving people
- Understand the procedures and techniques for carrying out the following tasks safely:
- Repositioning on bed when the person can assist
- Transferring on and off bed when the person can assist
- Repositioning on bed, rolling and turning when the person cannot assist
- Transferring on and off bed, onto trolleys and off floor when the person cannot assist
Up to 2 hours depending on knowledge and experience
$53.90 (AUD) per subscription